McIlroy comes from seven shots back to win at Wentworth with Covert 2.0 Tour driver, RZN Black ball.
MAY 26, 2014 – Nike Athlete Rory McIlroy shot a 6-under par round of 66 to rally from seven shots back and capture the BMW PGA Championship for his sixth career European Tour victory.
McIlroy powered to the biggest final-round comeback of his career ranking third in driving distance for the tournament. He averaged more than 294 yards off the tee with his Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Tour driver, featuring Fly-Brace technology for more forgiving distance, and Nike RZN Black ball, a combination that he has called “the best driver and ball combination I’ve ever had.”
McIlroy added a new Nike VRS X3X Toe Sweep 59-degree wedge to his bag this week, with a wider sole area toward the toe and a relieved heel to make it easier to hit out of the toughest lies from anywhere around the green. Combined with his Method 006 putter, McIlroy notched six birdies on the day and an eagle on the par-5 fourth.
McIlroy sported apparel from Nike’s Tour Performance collection and Nike Lunar Control footwear.
MCILROY’S NIKE GOLF ARSENAL
- Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Tour 8.5-degree, neutral position (Kuro Kage XTS 70X)
- Fairway Wood: Nike VRS Covert 3-wood/15-degree and 5-wood/19-degree
- Irons: Nike VR Pro Blade (4-9)
- Wedges: VR Forged 47-degree, 52-degree, 56-degree and VR X3X 59-degree toe sweep
- Putter: Nike Method 006
- Ball: Nike RZN Black
- Apparel: Nike Tour Performance Collection
- Footwear: Nike Lunar Control
SOURCE: Nike Golf