Nike Athlete MIchelle Wie Rallies To Claim Third LPGA Tour Victory
Wie wins in her native Hawaii with Nike RZN Black ball and Covert 2.0 driver in the bag.
April 21, 2014 – Nike Athlete Michelle Wie shot a final round 5-under 67 and powered past the field from four shots back to clinch the LPGA LOTTE Championship, her first victory on the LPGA Tour since 2010.
The 24-year-old, who now has four top-10 finishes in 2014, leads the LPGA rankings in greens in regulation (81 percent) with Nike VR Pro Combo irons in her bag. Wie also played the Nike RZN Black ball featuring innovative Speedlock RZN technology, designed to deliver more distance, better feel and a more consistent, stable ball flight into the wind.
Wie relied on her Nike Method 006 putter to birdie the 12th and 13th holes and secure a two-shot lead for the win in her home state of Hawaii.
“The highlight of this week was to come back home,” Wie said. “There wasn’t just one moment. From the first tee shot that I made to the last putt, the aloha that I felt from everyone was unbelievable.”
Wie wore apparel from Nike’s Tour Performance Women’s collection and the Nike FI Impact shoe.
WIE’S NIKE GOLF ARSENAL
- Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 9.5-degree (UST Axivcore 69 Red X)
- Fairway Wood: Nike VRS Covert Tour 3-wood/13-degree
- Hybrid: Nike VRS Covert 18-degree and 24-degree
- Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (5-PW)
- Wedges: Nike VR Pro 52-degree; VR X3X Toe Sweep 56-degree and 60-degree
- Putter: Nike Method 006
- Ball: Nike RZN Black
- Apparel: Nike Tour Performance Women’s Collection
- Footwear: Nike FI Impact
SOURCE: Nike Golf