A New Fan Experience at the 2014 Portland Classic Presented by Cambia Health Solutions
PORTLAND, AUGUST 12, 2014 – With a new name and presenting sponsor, the 2014 Portland Classic Presented by Cambia Health Solutions enters a new era when the world’s top professional and amateur women’s golfers return to Oregon August 28-31.
Hosted at the Columbia Edgewater Country Club in Portland, the iconic LPGA tournament will feature a variety of interactive experiences for fans in the Portland Classic Pavilion that showcase the latest health care innovations from Cambia’s family of companies, as well as a one-of-a-kind social media tower, local food and craft beer. Components of this year’s fan experience include:
Health care innovators
- Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon will host healthy cooking demonstrations and provide free samples from Bon Appetit along with bike-powered hydration stations on course.
- Lively will feature a photo booth and demonstrations of the company’s monitoring technology.
- SpendWell will provide free chair massages from licensed massage therapists.
- Retrofit will challenge attendees to a virtual hole-in-one game.
- HealthSparq will demonstrate the drastic price differences across health care procedures.
- CoPatient will share how they recently helped a family save $18,000 on their medical bills.
- Wellero will host a contest in the spirit of the company’s online and mobile wellness games.
- Hubbub Health will test fans’ golf skills with a putting green.
Social media tower
The Portland Classic will stream Twitter and Instagram posts onto a highly visible three-sided, 20-feet tall “tower” to showcase the fan experience. To see your own face and messages on the big screen, fans can Tweet or post a photo on Instagram using #PDXClassic14.
Local food and beer
In true Portland style, the event will include our city’s unique food carts with offerings from Bro-Dogs, Fishbox, Koi Fusion, VooDoo Donuts and Retrolicous. Fans can also partake in a variety of local craft beer offerings from Oregon’s finest breweries.
Proceeds to benefit local charities
Tickets to the Portland Classic are now available at PortlandClassic.com as part of The ESCO Charity Drive which sends 100% of tournament ticket purchases to local charities. Fans can choose from among 13 local charities to receive the revenues from their ticket purchases. Through 2013, the event has raised over $17 million for local organizations.
For more information, visit PortlandClassic.com.
About the Tournament Golf Foundation
Tournament Golf Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) charitable non-profit organization, is a local Portland area group of volunteers who donate their time and provide the primary operation for the annual event. TGF is the longest running organization owning an LPGA tournament and the Portland event is the oldest non-major on the LPGA tour.
SOURCE: Cambia Health Solutions, Inc.